STIL was founded in 1994 and is part of Marposs Group since 2019. STIL is now a brand managed by Marposs TESTAR and marketed through the group’s global network.
With nearly 30 years of experience, STIL has successfully developed a unique technology for contactless optical measurement that meets the most demanding applications, in industry as well as in research laboratories: the chromatic confocal.
Inventor of the chromatic confocal imaging principle, STIL has developed two families of point sensors (from 0.1 µm to 100 mm measurement range) and a family of line sensors (from 1.35 mm to 12 mm line length with different measurement ranges) based on this innovative concept.
These high-resolution contactless sensors meet the needs of the most demanding metrological applications, such as texture analysis, dimensions, thickness and roughness measurement, as well as micro-defect detection.
Capable of operating in any industrial environments for production line control as well as in research laboratories, these sensors can measure on any type of object (transparent or opaque, polished or rough) and any type of material (metals, glass, semiconductor, ceramic) without prior sample preparation.
STIL bases its uniqueness in its constant and continuous effort of research and innovation in the field of non-contact measuring equipment. Its high-performance sensors allow to measure at distance with an extreme speed and precision, even on slopes.
The company is now present and represented throughout the world thanks to Marposs network of subsidiaries, local distributors and system integrators in order to better serve its growing customer base.
STIL’s mission is to offer innovative products and customized solutions that meet the needs of today's industries and serve clean energy: speed, efficiency, minimalism, customer support.
- Know-how acquired through nearly 30 years of experience
- French production within the French Tech and French Fab ecosystems
- Focus on innovation and product development with over 10 new products launched in the past 3 years, long-term fruitful partnerships with 6 major academic and research centers (CEA, The Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station, UC Berkeley, IOGS, ENSAM and École des Mines) and yearly patents and publications
- STIL invests approximately 25% of its revenue in Research and Development
- Continuous growth: +15% each year
- Adaptability to markets and new customer requirements: leading in eMobility, Glass Packaging, 3C, Semiconductors and Biomedical